It is hard to believe that it is 2017, its harder to believe that we have all been asking for and very patiently waiting for meaningful updates to the mobile version of Salesforce, Salesforce1. A very meaningful update has been pushed to both the Andriod and Apple App Store with Version 12 of Salesforce1. The basic are as follows:
- Enhanced offline functionality, the ability to define offline objects
- Campaign records are now a bit more interactive than in the past
- **News Flash** You can now create re-occurring follow up tasks
- Post/link Salesforce Content files to Chatter feeds.
No doubt a lot of the above has been needed for years, yes years. I suspect that there are two reasons that they have been released:
- A renewed focus on a quality mobile experience from the Salesforce team
- A all out assault to become a leader in field service, which is essential a mobile job
One of the biggest changes happens to be invisible to our eye and that is the adoption of WKWebView for Apple iOS users. This is a big step in the right direction as it will allow the product to evolve into a robust, powerful tool for Sales people and marketing users.
I know that in the past few months I have become more relient on Salesforce1, and with the right admin who understands page layouts, global actions, actions and a few other pieces of the Salesforce pie – you can get great results that users love.
Get it here:
Apple App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforce1/id404249815?mt=8